sweet chicago...
i am home !
it's AWESOME that chicago's an hour slower than cleveland. so when we got close to chicago, we (joyce and i) got to live another hour. tha was kinda cool.
it wasn't cool when all the snow was delaying us so we spent that extra hour in the snow. but we made it safely thanks to God.
joyce is in the living room just reading and i'm here checking emails, writing, and reading up on the news. it's kinda chilly--just the way i like it. =)
here's something I read @ bbc.com about the Olympics. Ever since I read about the art in Ancient Greece and the story behind Olympia and the Olympics, I'm very very interested in how it's changed, what's still the same, etc. =)
Olympic torch 'going to N Korea'
2008 Olympics in Beijing, China. AHHH that's gonna be crazy ! There's gonna be like double the population in China. CRAZINESS. If you didn't know, the Olympic torch is lit in Olympia, Greece (where the original Olympics were first started) and makes its way to the location for that year. This year it's going to travel across 5 continents and make its way to Beijing. This brief article emphasizes the integration of N Korea into ... the world? Taking one step at a time. S and N Korea are also going to "send a joint team of officials to the Beijing Olympics by train, as part of reconciliation efforts after their 1950-1953 civil war." I wonder what kind of debate and decision-making process this went through.
=====
I'll definitely update more. ^ ^ I'm here for a whole month !
And there's already snow !~

0 comments:
Post a Comment