wow. I went 11days without posting! I don't know if I should be proud of that or not.


I won't say that I haven't been doing anything, because I have. It's just that I haven't been going out much and having "fun". But I've really been learning a lot as I've been planning for Koinonia next year, preparing for missions, and reading my two novels of the summer:

  1. Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger
  2. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

I've also watched a number of foreign films:

  1. La Vie en Rose (2007)
  2. Tsotsi (2005)
  3. L'enfant (2005)

So far, my summer break has been quite productive.

I suppose I'll talk about the books and movies ... later.

Yesterday, I hung out with none other than Catherine! woOt-wOot. We made plans to see Canton Jones in downtown Chicago at Millennium Park.. but it was SUPER humid and raining on and off so we decided to throw that plan out the window and instead went shopping at Woodfield and had a delicious, stomach-filling to the top dinner at Red Robin's. I can't get enough of that strawberry lemonade! Then we watched the Simpson's Movie back at her new house. I felt like I was in 6th grade because I did the exact same kind of stuff. But I really enjoyed it. Simple fun. None of this throwing around $50-75 on drinks, food, entertainment.. but just a simple night with a close friend. Money has been a huuuuge deal so far this summer break, too. So maybe that's why I'm more conscious of what I'm spending on. In any case, the simple things are better anyway. =)