Mariah Carey
Have I said how freakin' amazing Mariah Carey is lately? I recently saw an episode of Cribs on MTV where we got to see most of Mariah's freakin' mansion. haha. I just got her "Emancipation of Mimi" album.. and wow. I never gave her enough credit. Haha. This woman.. seriously. She's got a voice like no other. She's got an amazing home, over 200 pairs of shoes, at least 5 "lounging" areas, so many albums, a voice to melt anyone's heart and to cause the envy in every girl who can hold a note, I could go on all night. This album's perfect because it has different styles & genres.. gospel to pop to smooth r&b to ballad and lots of other artists helping her out like Snoop Dogg, Twista, etc. Who knows wat she's been doing the past 5 years... but this is perfect for her comeback.
What I love about Mariah the most is that she's different than any other female artist. She always was different. From her ethnicity (Irish & Venezuelan) & childhood to where she is now.. she was the superstar. No one else was a superstar. Only Mariah Carey. When I listen to korean music.. all the female voices sound the same. I mean I can still tell who's who, but there's nothing unique about them. There's not much flexibility in their voices and that oomph in each song. Maybe I don't give them enough credit, either. Haha, anyway! Back to Mariah, I swear, she has like a 6-octaverange. And she doesn't have to sing in her head voice in the high ranges, either. She can really belt out those notes. In her voice, it sounds like she's desperate when she sings in "We Belong Together", and in "Fly Like a Bird" I can sense her desire and longing. She just blows me away. She's like one of those once-in-a-lifetime things... err people. And she looks good. She's not anorexic like Lindsay Lohan. Her hair is just... hahaha. And I thought I liked my hair... but compared to hers.. mine's so flat and dull.
Maybe she can't act for crap (haha), but she's got soul.
Since I liked her latest album so much.. I'm gonna let you download two of her songs !
I take back all the stupid things I said about her. Haha. But really, I do. I never took the time to listen to her entire albums, or read about what she's been through.. etc. Guess I still need to learn about judging people too quickly.
Mariah Carey definitely makes it onto my top 10 favorite female artists. =)
Okaaay, I'm tired. But I'll leave you w/ another banner I made. I've been trying really hard (seriously) to make animated banners. They're.. kinda hard. Like I know what I wanna make, but it's kinda difficult trying to find the right tutorial. So I'm still searching.. but as soon as I master it, you shall bear witness to it. Muhahha~
europe in 3 days.. O_O

0 comments:
Post a Comment