6Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

13Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. 14And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 15Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

--II Corinthians 9:6-8, 13-15


There is a bright side to giving. It's not just losing whatever you have. When you give out of the love of Christ--ohman, it feels good. verse7 is pretty important, I think, because we often mistake giving as giving everything that we have. Which is not true. verse7 makes clear that we only give what is decided in our hearts to give... but as long as it's cheerfully given. If we're forcing ourselves to give more than what we can afford, and if we're holding back b/c we're selfish & greedy.. that's just wrong. If I had $5 in singles for offering, but only wanted to give $1... aigo. That's no good. Why can't I give all $5? What's holding me back? What could I possibly buy with $4? If we gave that extra $4, couldn't that go to something greater? Maybe it could help a kid go to a retreat and possibly even accept Christ! Maybe it could go to having better food for lunch on Sundays. Keep an eternal mind when you give. When I think about what could happen just b/c I gave that much more... I smile.

As much as I wanna just quit school and just devote my life to helping others.... I think it would be kinda difficult b/c I would quickly run out of things to give. ~,^ So I still gotta do something w/ my life. But meanwhile, I do wanna give more than what I'm giving now. B/c I still hold back. Some things really are free in life. No matter what the rules of economics say. =)

And I really like verse15. I don't see exclamation marks used often in the Bible. This is probably the first time in II Corinthians that Paul uses the mark. "indescribable gift". That's how Paul describes generosity and the act of giving. It's a gift that we all have. But we choose not to use it sometimes. Yet we are encouraged to use our gifts.. so use it ! =) That's all.

===================================================

Today's weather was gorgeous ! After a crappy Saturday, this day was much needed. So of course, Clara & I took pictures. =) We exited Clarke Tower and I bursted out in laughter. Clara of course laughed at me, too. But I couldn't help but laugh and smile b/c I was ssssooooo happy.



see? can't you see my delight?












THE END.