is going to be broken down into 3 parts.
1. Race for the Cure
2. Pre-Homecoming
3. Homecoming


1.
Race for the Cure is for breast cancer research. There were SO many people there to help out the cause. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was my first time doing anything like this. I got lots of free stuff, too. ^ ^V keke. But that's not the point. I went w/ AXE so I could fulfill my service opportunity for this semester. And we did the 1mile walk rather than the 5k run/walk. At one point in the walk, the road was divided up into lanes and to the far left was the lane for breast cancer survivors. We all cheered for them as they raised their hands in glory. I wonder how that must've felt. After years of battling cancer, they are still alive, running, and happier than ever. I started cheering for them, too. I had no clue who they were. but who cares?! I don't really get why we walk/run when we can just give money. But I realized that by walking/running w/ the women (a few men, too), this is a way to appreciate them and see that people do survive and conquer the cancer. Many many people were also wearing pink tags that had people's names on them who were patients due to breast cancer. So many women & men. Even in AXE there were people who had relatives that were currently struggling. I had no idea it was so common. Well, maybe not common. But yea. I remember my 7th grade english teacher had breast cancer, too during the year. And she left for several months... and ended up taking the rest of the year off. She returned the next year, as a survivor.. and w/ half the length of hair that she had before. Before she had the most beautiful golden hair. =) Anyway, but yea. We were all praying for her b/c we liked her so much as a teacher and a role model. And seeing her the next year, healthy again, made me all happy and I ran up to her and gave her a hug. =D aww. Let's do more of these ! =)

2. Pre-Homecoming is exactly what it is. Before homecoming. I did very last minute shopping for a dress. Who wtaches "The Look for Less" on the style channel? Well, I kinda felt like that. I had an idea of what I wanted. Black dress, preferably. Knee length. Thin straps if straps at all... and those were like my only must-haves. Clara & I ran all over beachwood looking in all the stores: guess, banana, limited, dillard's, cache, and i dunno where else. everywhere it was waayyy too expensive. We finally made it back to Dillard's and I didn't know that the juniors section was on the THIRD floor ! We were scrambling around on the second floor trying to find it. haha. anyway. finally bought a dress and made it back to my room in time so jing came and we all started getting ready.

3. Homecoming.
Who's my hot date?



Check it.


Yeayea. =)

Had dinner @ Pacific East. Got my usual : unagi, shrimp tempura, and spicy crab. i miss manooben... =(




Like my dress? kekeke. =)

And then on the dance floor. Thank goodness the music was good this year. And there was even a screen that was playing music videos.....that was definitly not there last year. wat an improvement. Now, maybe we can get some REAL decorations going on. ^ ^




all the way to the left is my big, matt !!! =D If you dunno what that means.. that's okay. It just means that he's my big brother in AXE. xD yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. and he's in case in point w/ me. double yayyyyy =] in the middle is also another axe member. yay yay ~~ ^ ^

pretty ladies. good music. air circulation in the ballroom. yummy pastries. neat gadgets & souvenirs. i had a good time. =]

i'm in love w/ my dress. i'm gonan wear it again. AND again. AND AGAIN. AND AGAIN !!!!

so if you see it in every picture from now on.. please understand. =]


Song of the moment : Overture to "The Thieving Magpie". Download it. You'll recognize it like 5 minutes into the piece. Yes, it's a classical piece. =) The piece is by Gioacchino Rossini.