angels & demons
finished the book today ! man. it was long especially since i borrowed the "large print" copy. haha. so i ended up flipping about 500 pages. almost as many pages as harry potter. i read the reviews on his website and from other websites and i totally agree. why didn't they make this into a movie?! personally, i experienced more action and more people died. well, not that the death toll matters. but the story was more intricate, and even towards the end of the book when i felt it was over, there were more folds to be unfolded.
i can't imagine all the research brown had to do ! i read through his acknowledgements and more than half of the acknowledgements are to people in the professional field: scholars, professors, museum curators, etc. i hope this book gets turned into a movie.
my mom always warns me about fiction novels, about how they're meaningless and only nonfiction books are worth reading. for a while i thought this was true so i went through a stage in middle school where all i read were biographies and other nonfiction books. i even read those audobon books about birds, weather, animals, flower, etc! i guess i grew out of that stage. for me, fiction books are purely fiction. if they teach a good moral, that's great. if they don't, then i just take it as it is. i don't think i learned any valuable morals from angels & demons, but i did learn that it pays off to be smart in a certain field. ^ ^ Robert Langdon, if he wasn't as well-learned as he is in religious symbology, i don't think he would've been able to survive. his knowledge also helped out in da vinci code for those of you who watched the movie or read the book. it sure does pay off to be well-learned in a certain area. my problem is.. i just like everything. i like chemistry, reading, math, history, music, .. everything. it's hard for me to choose just one thing. but now i think it's alright. i think art history is the one thing that i'm willing to dive into. from now on, i will read just art history books. =] those will be my nonfiction books.
=====
i can't believe i'm gonna be at case very soooon.
july 18th - daddy's coming back from wisconsin
july 19th - physics 142 final exam
july 20th - watching hairspray? i hope!
july 26th - daddy leaving for korea
aug 2nd - yoon coming to o'hare airport to fly to korea
august 6-9th - J-GEN : oh yea ! i applied yesterday. so hopefully i will get accepted and i'll be able to go. =) i already paid. so does that mean they have to accept me? =P
august 19th - moving into Case..............
just one more month.
ohmyyy

Wow, ok thats weird.
sainclaire said...When I was in elementary school, I used to read nonfiction all the time. I'd check out 12 books at a time from the library on biology, physics, mathematics, etc. and read them all. I even bought 4 of those audubon field guides and read through them (which burned through about 100 bucks). I think I still have a few of them...
Anyways, I have the problem youre talking about too. I like everything so I have a hard time staying with any one thing. In my preteen years, I thought I would do something in physics or biology. Middle school, I thought I would major in theology or become a linguist. Right now, I'm leaning towards econ and journalism, but not by far. I still wonder if I could instead pursue something in biology, or do something with buisness, or political science. Its too bad I can't major in...everything.
Oh, and Angels and Demons is on my bookshelf right now with the 10 other books I picked up at the start of the summer. Maybe I'll get to read it before summer ends.
that's why my majors right now are like polar opposites: chemistry & art history. haha when i tell people they're like, "huh? what? they're totally different. whatcha gonna do w/ those majors?" people just don't understand. ^ ^
MiSURA said...