This is the first passage that actually made me "laugh out loud". I'm kind of a few weeks behind on my Bible Reading Plan, but I'm catching up! Here's the quick background. Israel has followed Joshua into the promised land, but that generation died off and this new generation did lots of evil things. So God sent a judge to save them. The second judge that God sent was Ehud. And he was to save them from the Moabites so he built a double-edged sword about a foot and a half long and went to the king of Moab to pay him a tribute. He said that he had a message from God for the king so the king sent out all his attendants and Ehud stepped closer.

20Ehud then approached him while he was sitting alone in
the upper room of his summer palace and said, "I have a message from God for
you." As the king rose from his seat, 21Ehud reached with his left hand, drew
the sword from his right thigh and plunged it into the king's belly. 22Even the
handle sank in after the blade, which came out his back (how graphic!). Ehud did
not pull the sword out, and the fat closed in over it (ewwwww). 23Then Ehud went
out to the porch; he shut the doors of the upper room behind him and locked
them.
24After he had gone, the servants came and found
the doors of the upper room locked. They said,
"He must be relieving himself in
the inner room of the house."
25They waited to the point of embarrassment, but
when he did not open the doors of the room, they took a key and unlocked them.
There they saw their lord fallen to the floor, dead.


v24 is the one that made me laugh. It's just funny to read that kind of thing in the Bible. Makes the story that much more realistic. Haha. And the vivid graphics in v20-23. Man. Throughout Genesis I wanted more details.. but now this is too much.

I don't think I would've ever come across this passage if it weren't for the Bible Reading Plan that I'm working on. It gives me a comprehensive perspective. Instead of reading random passages or reading by topics, I'm reading through the Bible.. just through genres. I tried the plan where you read four different passages each day, but that was just too confusing. I couldn't keep up with four different books in the same day. I also couldn't do the one where you just read straight through the Bible from beginning to end. B/c we all know that once we get past Genesis, it gets way too difficult. Genesis alone is 50 chapters! There was absolutely no motivation. There's also a chronological plan where you read the Bible chronologically, b/c if you didn't know already, the Bible is not written chronologically. I think Job was written after Genesis or something? And I, II Kings and I, II Chronicles kind of go together. But that was too confusing for me, too. I'm sticking w/ this Bible Reading Plan and come May 2008, I will have finished reading the entire Bible ! =D


If you want the schedule, just let me know. I typed it up so I can send it through email as a word document or something.

=====

In other news, my parents are going up to Wisconsin to buy me a carrrrrrrrrrrrr. vroom vroom. Hopefully they don't buy anything ugly w/ a nasty color. Haha. I mean.. err I'm thankful for anything. =) I mean this car is the one that I'll probably be driving for a while.. and by a while I mean lots of years and years. I don't want a car that I don't like.. and why can't I go, you ask? B/c I have schooooooooool. -____-;; BOOO. Only if I didn't have class I'd gladly go along w/ them so I can make sure we get a car that's in line w/ my taste. =D Well, I kinda told them what kind of car I want, so hopefully I was detailed yet vague enough for them.

Watching Harry Potter tomorrow night, too!!!!!!! OHHMANNNN. I didn't finish reading Order of the Phoenix but o well. I read most of it .. so maybe the movie will remind me of the rest. I can't wait !


I also finished reading Dan Brown's Digital Fortress. Started it yesterday morning when I got on the train and finished it today before I arrived in Chicago. Easy read and since it's a thriller, you just can't put it down. Ya gotta keep readin' it. Same deal w/ The Da Vinci Code. I just couldn't put it down. Now I gotta read Angels & Demons.

Lastly, I'm missing everyone @ case terribly. =( I wanna go back to schoooool !~