it's about time...
that I update about the retreat. =) that's my lovely small group. young, justeen, joyce (our leader!), me, and lisa. what cuties.
the theme was 20/20: what's your vision? based off of Acts 20:24--However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. How do you see your own life? How do you see your purpose? How do you see the world? How do you see God working in your life? Those were some of the questions we wanted to answer this weekend. And I think everyone left with strong convictions.
Pastor Thomas from Calvary was our speaker and ohmygoodness... the Spirit was SSSOOO with him and God worked so powerfully !!! I've never seen such convictions and testimonies come out of Koinonia. We really experienced revival.
Many people who weren't even in Koinonia came and made a great impact and left inspired and rejuvenated.
When it comes to retreats.. I'm so used to being a counselor now that I become completely selfless and only care about others getting blessed. So even though it was a great retreat for me and I was running around a lot... I'm just blessed seeing others get blessed. The best time was Sunday morning.. the last sermon.. and EVERYONE WAS AWAKE !!!!!!!! Even one person was standing in the back because he didn't want to fall asleep ! How awesome is that? I expected everyone to fall asleep b/c we didn't get enough sleep sat. night. But we were all just hanging on PT's every word b/c we were THAT HUNGRY for God's word to move us !!! Let's always be like that even when we open the Bible in our rooms.. at power groups.. at large groups.. at prayer meetings.. ALL the time !
Even though the retreat center was freezing.. the fire of God was ablaze and kept our souls warm !
So many freshmen came, too ! Even freshmen that have never been to Koinonia ! AHHHHHH Praise God !!!
And even today I'm hearing stories about how people are picking up their old Christian books that have been collecting dust. People are curious about Bible Studies and wanting to listen to Christian music.. asking more questions.. and really pursuing after God. I'm absolutely encouraged ! Especially from the brothers in Koinonia. I'm so thankful.
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. - Romans 12:11
thank you to everyone who helped plan it...prayed for the retreat...PT for driving 6-7hrs...and GOD FOR MEETING AND ANSWERING US !!!!!!!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment