"The elements of museography (art history) are highly coded rhetorical tropes that actively "read," compose, and allegorize the past (rather than simply reflect a preexisting past). Museological allegories constitute the verisimilitudes of museography. Art history as board game of causalities, perhaps; and a never-ending one. It is the game's hidden end point which has the most powerful explanatory power, as an ideal limit in which it may be imagined that all things will be revealed."

--from Donald Preziosi's "Museology and Museography"

The latter half of this quote totally defines why I love art history. the hidden end point... makes me wanna read more! Which is shocking because if you saw me in the 3rd grade.. you never woudl have found me with a book. I think it was my way of rebelilng against my parents for making me come to America and learn this new language. But anyway, I digress. The point is, I can't get enough of learning about art.. from all sorts of angles: sociohistorical, economic, biographical, visual culture, conservation, etc. Just think about how many works of art there are. And then think about how many different aproaches there are. Think about how many artists and their works that are still unexplored. It's unending!!! Kind of frustrating when you think about it too much, but it always gives me motivation to keep on reading (even tho my comprehension is low) and writing (even though I have a long way to go in this field as well).

And in a way, this is like the Christian walk, too. EXCEPT we know the end point. It's not hidden for us. I really enjoyed last night's Bible Study. We studied Colossians 1:15-29.

It keeps on talking about this mystery that was hidden for ages... but now it is disclosed to all. We know the hope and the glory that awaits us in heaven.

Now this would be frustrating if we didn't know the ending. We'd be living all our lives trying to make sense out of nothing.

large group tonight! whoo-hoo!!