photography
i really like taking pictures. it's not just b/c i want memories and my face plastered everywhere. it's more about the creativity and the simple art of photography. maybe it's the influence of impressionism and the idea of capturing the moment. even though the impressionists took a lot longer ironically capturing the moment, i have less patience (haha) and want to take instant pictures. but i think just as much work goes into the pictures as well as paintings.
if i had a thousand dollars to buy something i want, i think i'd buy a really nice camera. but i don't even know where to start. i don't wanna buy some crap camera that's not gonna get me anywhere and i don't want to buy a super expensive one and then look stupid b/c i dunno how to use it. anyone know of a beginner's camera that would be good? =) i don't think i'm gonna go professional but i definitely want an upgrade from just a digital camera that points & shoots. it just isn't satisfying. and i wil be taking it seriously. but i don't think seriously enough to go professional.
i remember in 7th grade we took a photo class and we took photos old school where you had to go in the dark room and all that stuff. i thought it was always kinda scary in there. and i was always frustrated when it didn't turn out right. but i never should've given up on it ! grr.
i don't wanna take a photo class @ case b/c they have that creative photo class where the grading really isn't fair. plus, it's a lot of $$ investment and not exactly the type of photography i'm going for. yes, i'm going for creative photos but not like illusionistic or anything. more just like everyday photos. but really giving each photo life. plus, i think Case needs a good photographer... x) j/k! but it'll be nice to have some really nice photos. ^ ^ instead of blurry ones.. T____T;;
so if any of you can help, pleeease help me. =) thaaaaanks.

Maybe something like this:
sainclaire said...http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=14256
http://tinyurl.com/3a2thv
Or this:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/
The XTi is definitely more on the user friendly side but it's still a professional level SLR camera.
The Nikon, I've heard lots of great things about but I don't know too much about that one.
For <1000 USD, I don't think there are any other SLR cameras better or more user-friendly.
Photography was definitely something I want to get into but a grand isn't something I have atm.
Good luck with whatever camera you decide to buy.
thanks sainclaire. =) it was really helpful. i definitely don't have $1,000 lying around. but one dayyy when i start working or something i will definitely make that purchase.
MiSURA said...by the way.. do i know you? i appreciate all your comments but i have no idea who you are.
Oh, no; I ran into your blog when I was google searching for a song. =P
sainclaire said...I just found your posts very insightful, I hope you don't mind me commenting.
nope, don't mind at all. =)
MiSURA said...what song were you searching for?
how come you don't write in your blog!
"The Answer" by Shane & Shane, its a good song.
sainclaire said...I made a blog here just to play around with the customization and everything. The blog I post in is at http://sainclaire.freehostia.com
Alot of times, its down for no reason. :\